Government of Nepal
Ministry of Finance
AID MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR NEPAL
Bhakari seeks to reach 22,350 households (117,750 people) in the six districts of Karnlai and Sudurpaschim province directly. This will be accomplished through three purposes:
2. improve access to sustainable water sources for productive purposes. Key activities inlcude;
3. reduce the impacts of natural disasters, with a cross-cutting purpose on increasing inclusion and empowerment for marginalized groups.
Key interventions will include
Other activities include;
Program activities will adhere to a Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) First approach.
Key Outputs are;
Key Outcomes are;
(1) Increased access and availability to nutritious foods, (2) Increased income, (3) Increased agricultural production, and (4) Improved vulnerable smallholder farmers' knowledge, skills and practice to apply climate-smart, nutrition-sensitive and risk-reducing production practices.
(1) Increased availability of reliable water resources, (2) Improved water systems and management (3) Improved watersheds, and (4) Improved landscape.
(1) Strengthened disaster management capacities and systems, (2) Increased information on anticipated shocks, and (3) Vulnerable household engagement in participatory disaster planning.
The activity will result in two outcomes: (1) Increased ability of affected households to meet immediate dietary requirements, and (2) Increased ability of affected households to adopt better coping strategies.
The overall goal of Bhakari is that the emergency food needs of vulnerable and socially excluded households in the KRB are met while simultaneously building food security and resilience for the future. Bhakari’s core purposes are weaved together to ensure that the most vulnerable households in the KRB are able to prepare for anticipated shocks and stresses, cope during emergencies, and recover, supported by a functional enabling environment.
Open a PDF file of the doc attached Open.