Government of Nepal
Ministry of Finance
AID MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR NEPAL
Major Activities of Output 1: Health (including mental health) and Physical Rehabilitation
1. Conduct medical health outreach camps for screening and treatment of injured people
2. Support to patients severe injuries and physical disabilities in need of follow-up treatment are physically rehabilitated
3. Provide assistive devices and prosthesis support
4. Develop quality services through health camps, referral in hospitals, surgeries of patients, medicine support and doctor checkups, nursing & technical service etc.
5 Technical Capacity building of local health facilities / staff , FCHVs, documentation and management of inclusive health services
6. Conduct injury & trauma management and rehabilitation training to local health service providers, Female Community Health Volunteers, CBR workers and community / social mobilisers
7. Support clinical equipment, instruments and/or furniture to local primary health service providers (health posts).
8. Provide mental health and psychosocial support training to the earthquake affected people including persons with disabilities, family members, stakeholders and traditional healers.(By conducting workshop, training meeting and use of Media, radio programs PSA etc)
9. Inform/aware community people and sensitize governmental agencies on mental health and psychosocial problems / service in government/NGO system
10.Psychiatric OPD service at health facilities, Psychiatric consultation, psychotropic medicine, Clinical Supervision to psychosocial Counselor, short term hospitalized care and follow up
11.Provide psychosocial counselling training for doctors, nurses and ANMs (non-prescribers) to provide disability inclusive psychosocial service to the people with psychosocial problem
12.Mental health orientation to the teachers & students at school level, to FCHVs and traditional healers in community level, with government stakeholders / other like-minded institutions at district and central level
Major Activities of Output 2: Livelihoods Development and Economic Empowerment
1.Build Agro based infrastructures to initiate the IGAs by installation of multiple use of water systems, plastic tunnels, water pumps, cost effective livestock shed construction, users friendly and labor saving Micro irrigation technologies (MIT)
2.Vocational trainings, skills development training, livestock based trainings, enterprise start-up support to community members including PWDs
3.Technical training to producers on production, market accessibility, appropriate technologies, market accessibility and entrepreneurs development
4.Training on Starting Your Own Business, Agro based business startup support with inputs & seed money and strengthening self-help groups, micro finance/ cooperative
5.Capacity building of service providers (agro vet), nursery management, post-harvest technology
6.Development of commercial pockets, collection centers, Marketing Planning Committee (MPC) Development, Crop Calendar, Exposure visit to lead farmers
7.Promotion of disability friendly infrastructure (assistive devices support at local level)
8.Capacity building of project staff on Inclusive Project Cycle Management Training, Inclusive Livelihoods development and strengthening support mechanism at local level
Major Activities of Output 3: Accessible Public Places and Infrastructures
1.Training to partners, government officials /stakeholders, engineers, institutions on accessible or universal designs
2. Conduct technical sessions to the engineers, builders and architects for ensuring accessibility standards in the physical infrastructures
3. Expertise from India for technical skills and knowledge transfer accessible & universal design standards - learning in India
4. Conduct access audit of Kathmandu Valley and disseminate report
5. Prepare an Illustrative publication with the detail description of technical specifications to facilitate the builders, engineers and architects for their accessible planning and design.
6.Construction of public infrastructures with accessible & universal design standards
7.Exposure- Learning visits to India in the field of accessibility and universal designs
8. Celebrate the international day of persons with disabilities (December 3rd )
8. In-collaboration with Kathmandu Municipality develop plan, programme management and promotion of accessible & universal designs
9. Programme management support, technical staff and capacity building
Major Activities of Output 4: Disability Inclusive Development
1. Orientation and trainings to like-minded stakeholders on disability inclusive development
2.Conduct situation analysis on DRR and provide training on Inclusive Disaster Risk Management
1. Enhanced access to quality health care service , injury management and rehabilitation of persons with physical disability.
2. Enhanced capacity of local health services and centers.
3. Addressing mental health and psycho social disability.
4. Promotion of Inclusive livelihood initiatives.
5. Accessile public places and infrastructures.
6. Promotion of Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction.
7.DID skills and capacity development of like minded stakeholders and service providers
Communities affected by earthquake have improved access to health and rehabilitation services , livelihood oppurtunities and they are included in all aspects of social life.
Open a PDF file of the doc attached Open.